No Diet Day – Yes, Really
May 6 is International No Diet Day, a day dedicated to promoting body acceptance and the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle. It’s a day to celebrate who you are, as you are, while mindfully taking inventory of your health and wellness goals.
Most diets are hard to stick with and can quickly lead to burnout, frustration and an overall negative cycle. Plus, when the diet ends, what then? Things like nutrition challenges and meal plans differ, however, because they ultimately give you the tools you need to take a sustainable approach to healthy eating. When you eat intuitively and fuel your body with the best possible nutrition options, you set yourself up to feel and function at your best.
We’re not meant to obsess over our eating habits and numbers on a scale. We’re meant to live and live it up! The bottom line is diets don’t last, but lifestyle changes do. Wellness is all about balance, and No Diet Day is the perfect opportunity to check in with yourself and make mindful changes that support your long-term goals!
Ways to Celebrate No Diet Day (Every Day)
- Express gratitude for your body and its abilities
- Avoid negative self-talk and work to erase it entirely
- Get moving with a walk or an at-home workout
- Make a list of the things you like about yourself
- Treat yourself to your favorite meal or snack with zero guilt
- Set goals that focus on your overall wellness
- Establish a healthy, active routine that fits your lifestyle