It’s safe to say we’ve all made a true effort to adjust to our new normal since we began practicing social distancing nearly a month ago, but can any of us really say that we’ve gotten the hang of it? None of us have been in this particular situation before, so it’s important to remember we’re all just doing the best we can.
It’s important to remember that you are in control and only you can decide how to utilize this time. Set yourself up for success! Use these tips as the foundation for your productivity – build some momentum and add more beneficial habits from there.
• Stick to a routine. Wake up around the same time each day, keep up with daily healthy habits and ensure you’re getting enough sleep each night.
• With so many tasty snacks calling your name from the pantry, it might be easy to give in out of boredom. Focus on eating nutritious meals, but don’t deprive yourself of the food you love. It’s all about balance.
• If you’re working from home, you’re most likely already using a computer throughout the day, so try to unplug and limit extra time spent on other devices.
• Try a productivity method called “time batching” to tackle similar tasks or activities while minimizing distractions.
• Set aside time to clear your mind. Step away from your work or other responsibilities, even if it’s just for 5–10 minutes to stretch, take a walk, call a friend or just enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
Monday Motivation – 4/6/20
With everything that’s going on in the news due to the circumstances surrounding the novel COVID-19 virus, anxiety is high, and our lives and routines look remarkably different than they did at the beginning of the year (or even just a few weeks ago).
We’re all individually living through this experience together, and it’s safe to say that everyone is coping in their own way. Maybe you’ve dedicated this time to personal development – whether it be learning a new skill or working on your fitness goals – and you’re looking to stay productive. Or perhaps this season of social distancing has offered you the opportunity to spend more time with your family, and you’re focused on making the most of that. No matter how you’re spending this time, it’s important to remember that balance is key and your health matters now more than ever.
April is Stress Awareness Month, which gives you the perfect opportunity to check in with yourself and evaluate your wellness goals. How can you better manage stress? What small changes can you make to feel better, live better? How can you make the most out of this situation?
Find top tips, tools and valuable insight and inspiration related to those questions and more right here in The Scoop: Wellness Edition! We’re committed to helping you thrive, no matter what life throws your way, so check back weekly for more real, relevant wellness-related content.
If you see something you like, share a little #MondayMotivation of your own and spread positivity (not germs)!